We are calling for proposals for SCRELE Conference 2019 that will take place at Shanghai International Studies University through September 20-22, 2019. The conference invites proposals for paper presentations, colloquia, posters, and book exhibits.
Proposals are called for in the following, but not limited to, the topic strands. In particular, original studies with a focus on young learners (i.e. language learners at the elementary or high school age level) are most welcome.
1) English language curriculum development and syllabus design
2) Language planning and policy
3) Second language acquisition
4) Classroom instruction
5) Task-based language teaching
6) Instructional materials development
7) Language teacher education and development
8) Language education and use of technology
9) Language and cognition
10) Language, culture, and socialization
11) Language testing and assessment
Types of Submissions and Guidelines
Title: 20 words
Abstract: 300 words
Working language: English
1) Paper sessions: Presenting a completed research study;
30-min session (25 min for presentation + 5 min Q&A)
2) Colloquia: 3 presentations on a focused topic, plus 1 discussant;
For a colloquium proposal the colloquium organizer is to provide an overview of the entire colloquium and how different presentations can complement the proposed topic (300 words). Individual panelists of a colloquium should each provide a title and an abstract for his/her paper (150 words).
3) Posters: Addressing some preliminary findings of studies in progress;
In an allocated time slot.